We are super excited to host WeXL’s FUNdraiser here at 111 Minna Gallery on May 19th starting at 5pm. Get your tickets here!
Join us for a night of fun, drinks, and entertainment by celebrating San Francisco-based nonprofit WeXL.org.
Your ticket supports our mission of empowering diverse creators in building a more equitable world through creativity, compassion, and innovation.
Golden Ticket holders will get “backstage” access from 5 – 6 pm, special gift bags, and wonderful appetizers from local Guiltlessly Delicious Catering. Also, part of your ticket will go to sponsor a Creator’s ticket to attend.
And directly helps us provide the following programs:
- WeXL Creator Studios – An incubator program supporting and uplifting non-normative voices through collaborations and productions of stories that need to be seen and heard
- Boundless Youth Creators – Teaching youth healthy content creation and consumption habits through the creative process of filmmaking while connecting them to mentors in Media & Entertainment
Meet our team, including WeXL Founder Arabella DeLucco, a Jefferson Award recipient for outstanding service to the community.
And celebrate our local WeXL Creators as they share their work:
– Tisa T. Peyton – Oakland native creator of TYNOMITE!!, an audio and print graphic novel about a glamazon and her #LOVERevolution in partnership with Mike Perkins, Founder of Oakland-based INVADER Comics
– Shaka Jamal – Oakland-based filmmaker and director of “Battle Against the Odds”, a documentary short film about the release of former pro-athlete Khayri Battle as he reunites with his sons and strives for post-prison prosperity
– Eun Bi Chang – East Bay director of “Whisper”, an animated short film by Neurodivergent creator Hallie Blakeslee
– Gabby Deyi – Oakland-based corporate storyteller and Boundless Youth Creators mentor
We’ll have a local favorite,DJ Umami, playing great music throughout the event, so come ready to have a good time!
Support WeXL and experience the difference you make!