- This event has passed.
The Game Executives Cabal 2019
March 18 @ 9:00 am - 6:30 pm$329.00
INVITATION: THE GAME EXECUTIVES CABAL
Bob Wallace and Rhys Dekle of Strategic Alternatives and Sean Kauppinen of IDEA cordially invite you to The Game Executives Cabal 2019. This year’s Cabal will be held on Monday, March 18, 2019, at the Minna Gallery in easy walking distance from Moscone Center and the St. Regis Hotel.
This is an invitation-only event for game executives, mostly CEOs and Founders of game studios; attendance is limited and like past years, we expect the event to sell out quickly. The press is not allowed, nor are uninvited guests or walk-ins. As past attendees know, we focus on creating a private, exclusive, yet collegial, event for executive networking and knowledge sharing, with only three short presentations of topical interest. We will take over the whole 4700 square feet of open space in Minna Gallery for the day.
We have some fantastic speakers this year including Edward Hartman, LegalZoom founder and Partner at Simon-Kucher relating his expertise on pricing in games and Benjamin Devienne, the Cabal’s favorite data-scientist, discussing his latest thoughts on increasing LTV in the face of rapidly decreasing ROI in user acquisition. There will be a breakout space with small tables for private conversations, if needed, which affords attendees the ability to continue conversations if they would prefer to do so instead of listening to any prepared session.
- Venue – The fabulous Minna Gallery in easy walking distance of Moscone
- Invitation-only event with no press or uninvited visitors allowed
- Members can hear the conversation at their table: round-top tables.
- Moving from table-to table is encouraged – no one is stuck at one table. Power strips at every table, so everyone can stay plugged-in and wi-fi is freely available
- For more-private conversations, or
- If you would prefer to continue an important conversation and skip a presentation session in the main ballroom.
- Event Hours; from 9:00 AM until 4:30 PM, followed by a Cabal Mixer with open bar from 4:30 PM until 6:30 PM+
- Plenty of time allotted for personally greeting and speaking with the other 60-70 Members
- Time enough for many in-depth conversations in the event of mutual opportunities.
- Morning refreshments will be available, hot buffet lunch at 12:00 PM, afternoon goodies
- The Cabal Mixer will also be attended by Corporate Development & Business Development executives from notable Publishers as well as VCs and other investors
Event Times: 9:00 AM through 6:30 PM+, including Cabal Mixer with open bar and reception snacks
8:30 – 9:00 AM Registration & introductions; Coffee/Tea & Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 10:30 AM Networking time (and late arrivals)
10:30 – 10:50 AM Session presentation 1 – TBD
10:50 – 12:00 PM Networking time
12:00 – 1:00 PM Catered hot buffet lunch
1:00 – 2:00 PM Networking time
2:00 – 2:30 PM Session presentation 2 – TBD
2:30 – 4:00 PM Networking time
4:00 – 4:30 PM Session presentation 3 – TBD
4:30 – 6:30 PM Cabal Mixer Cocktail Reception with open bar and appetizers. Guests include investors, corporate development, and business development executives from notable game publishers around the world
The price of the Game Executives Cabal is $329 + online payment fees per participant
If you would like to attend, please:
- Register and pay via the Eventbrite invitation page. Eventbrite will provide you with the confirmation and proof of registration required to enter the Cabal. Payment of the attendance fee equals assured registration, emailing intent does not.
- Arrange your travel to arrive at San Francisco either the day before, or to be at Minna Gallery by 9:00 AM the day of the event, if feasible.
- Contact: email@example.com with Cabal related questions.
The facility has a capacity limit, so please respond quickly. When we reach the limit, registration will be closed.
What can I bring into the event?
You may bring whatever you wish except uninvited people (that’s a no no). Additionally, weapons, live animals regardless of cuteness, and recording equipment are generally frowned upon. We will make Bob play the role of bouncer at the event and you already know that you don’t want to cross Bob.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Rhys Dekle at firstname.lastname@example.org with event related questions. To ensure discovery and response please kindly type “Game Executives Cabal question” in the subject line of your email.
What’s the refund policy?
Guests may cancel with refund one week prior to the Cabal. Guests who cancel before March 4, 2019 at 9 a.m. PST can expect a full refund. Guests who cancel before March 11, 2019 at 9 a.m. PST. may expect a refund of 50%. After March 11, 2019 and prior to the event, we would suggest contacting us to transfer your registration to a suitable C-level executive or Founder within your company – though we reserve the right to approve all substitution candidates in advance.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
We will maintain a list of who has registered and paid via Eventbrite so please have either a photo ID or your Eventbrite confirmation with you printed or on your mobile phone.
Can I update my registration information?
If you have difficulty updating your registration information directly via Eventbrite, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Because space within the Cabal is limited, we carefully consider the individuals we choose to invite for the benefit of the other attendees. While we are happy to consider your suggestions for an alternate C-level executive or Founder from your company if you are unable to attend, we do reserve the right to judge suitability of the alternate and decline upon consideration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss situations requiring a ticket transfer.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Sometimes people named Michael go by more colorful nicknames like “Slapchuck” or “Mingelus”. If you were invited by us, registered on eventbrite, and paid via eventbrite – we have a high degree of confidence that we can sort your identity at the registration table the day of the Cabal.