- This event has passed.
Gobble Gobble Give 2017
November 23 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
HELP US FEED THE HOMELESS ON THANKSGIVING!!
Volunteers bring a warm dish or dessert to 111 Minna Gallery on Thanksgiving morning. We will help prepare and package to go meals and deliver them out to feed the homeless. Arrival 10am. We are usually all done by 12 pm and you can enjoy your Thanksgiving!!
To RSVP or for inquiries email@example.com
*Please note that 111 Minna is 21+
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING
1. A DISH OF FOOD. Already cooked. Warm is preferred. It can be as little as a side of vegetables (corn, green beans, stuffing). We can always use cooked turkeys and main course items. Of course, desserts are always welcome too.
2. FIVE (5) SMALL TOILETRY KITS. that include a: toothbrush/toothpaste, soap and shampoo.
3. CLOTHING AND BLANKETS. Please bring any used blankets and/or gently used sweaters, jackets, shirts, socks, shoes, beanies/hats for men, women, and children.
VOLUNTEER IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Coordinate taking in of food that is being dropped off
- Bring food to the kitchen or directly to the floor where it will be divided
- Put meals together with your fellow volunteers
- Sort clothes between men, women & children
- Create toiletry kits from donation items
- Create bags filled with food, water, clothes & warm blankets
- Drive bags into the street to hand to a homeless person
- Gobble Gobble Give is an example of what a community can do when it decides to make a change.
Gobble Gobble Give is looking for volunteers on every level who can give food, money, or clothing, and those who can donate their time this upcoming Thanksgiving Day by cooking, warming, packing, and delivering food to the homeless in your neighborhood. Every little bit helps.